Email: David M. Rosoff ›
David M. Rosoff is a partner of Carton & Rosoff PC, a private law practice that focuses on Family Law, including collaborative divorce, custody and visitation, divorce and separation, and divorce mediation. Robin D. Carton and David M. Rosoff are the two partners in the firm.
Mr. Rosoff has over 40 years of experience in divorce litigation and divorce mediation, and he has been practicing collaborative divorce since 2003. He also serves as a Law Guardian in Westchester and Putnam Counties, representing children in matters involving abuse, neglect, custody, visitation, juvenile delinquency, family offenses, and Persons in Need of Supervision. Additional appointments include service as Guardian, Guardian ad Litem, and Court Evaluator in Surrogate’s Court proceedings. Mr. Rosoff has represented clients in the New York state and federal trial and appellate courts, is a member of the New York and New Jersey state bars, and is admitted to practice before the New York and New Jersey Federal District Courts, Federal Courts of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Rosoff is the immediate past president of the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals. This organization of legal, financial, and mental health professionals from the New York metropolitan area is dedicated to providing a collaborative, multi-disciplinary alternative to litigated divorce.
Mr. Rosoff serves as a mediator and arbitrator in the Westchester courts and the 9th Judicial district. He is a founding member of the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation. He has litigated hundreds of cases in the trial and appellate courts. He served as an editor of the Family Law Monthly from 2005-2014.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• Westchester County Bar Association
• Westchester Women’s Bar Association
• New York State Bar Association, Member, 2000 – Present
• New York Associations of Collaborative Professionals, Member, 2006 – Present
• New York Associations of Collaborative Professionals, President, 2011 – 2013
• New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
• New York State Council on Divorce Mediation, Founding Member
• International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
• Law Guardian Association of Westchester County
• Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York
• Fee Arbitration Panel of the 9th Judicial District
• Mediation Panel Westchester Supreme and Family Courts
• Permanency mediation Panel Westchester County Courts
Memberships include the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the Law Guardian Association of Westchester County, the New York State Bar Association, the Westchester County Bar Association, the Westchester Women’s Bar Association, the Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York, the Fee Arbitration Panel of the 9th Judicial District, and the Westchester County Moderate Means Matrimonial Panel.
• Change of Custody Hearings, New York Family Law Monthly, 2013
• Child Testimony, New York Family Law Monthly, 2011
• Non-Parent Custody, New York Family Law Monthly, 2009
• Parental Kidnapping, New York Family Law Monthly, 2009
• Custody Determinations, New York Family Law Monthly, 2007.
• Collaborative Practice, New York Family Law Monthly, 2005
• Sexual Harassment, Proceedings-51st NYU Conference on Labor, May, 2000
• Co-Leader and Facilitator, Collaborative Professionals Seminar, 2011 – Present
• Radio Interview, WVOX, New Rochelle, NY, 2008
• Case Presentation, Center for Mediation in Law Collaborative Training, New York, NY, Fall, 2008
• Radio Interview, WVOX, New Rochelle, NY, 2007
• Case Presentation, Center for Mediation in Law Support and Development New York, NY, Spring, 2008
• Introduction to Collaborative Divorce, NY Collaborative Law Group White Plains, NY Fall, 2007
• Mental Health Professionals and Collaborative Divorce, NY Collaborative Law Group Chappaqua NY, Spring, 2007
• Discrimination and Immigration Reform, Institute for Federal Judges New York University, New York, NY, Fall, 2004
• Sexual Harassment, New York University School of Law, Spring , 2001
• Sexual Harassment, Proceedings-51st NYU Conference on Labor, 2000
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2020
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
• Law Office Of David M. Rosoff, Principal, 1983 – 1988
• Foard & Rosoff, Partner, 1980 – 1983
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
• New Rochelle City Court Arbitrator, 1985 – Present
• Attorney Fee Arbitrator, 2009 – Present
• Westchester County Moderate Means Matrimonial Panel